We're in the final stages of getting the house ready for re-listing. It's coming along VERY nicely. I have 1 more stop to make at home depot today at lunch, so, hopefully that'll be it!
Last night I had to clean out the tub/basin that our sump for the washing machine occupies. The water there gets pretty stagnant and VERY stinky. I don't clean it often enough, but, then again ,the smell is here and there (when it's here it WREAKS! sp?) I used our new wet/dry shop vac last night to empty the tub to allow the cleaning to commence. It's a 9 gallon vac, and, sucked the water up like a champ in 2.5 rounds. I gotta tell you though...this was the most FOUL shit smelling shit I've ever been around. I almost threw up it was so bad. There were 2 socks that somehow ended up in the tub, and, they were black from the standing dirty water. Pretty friggin disgusting. I said to myself though, man...when you have any kids...you're going to be cleaning up some WAYY dirtier bad smelling stuff...so get over it! Poop...vomit...even big ole spiders and dead mice...this is nothing. I giggled, and, went on about my business. I sprayed it down with some bleach, and, it's been marinating over night. One more big bleach bombing tonight, and, i'll fill it up, grab some water treatment tabs or something, and call it good. Sheesh. I can't wait for this to be done!
No comments:
Post a Comment