Well, the last few weeks or so have been pretty busy, so, the lack of blogging has not been on purpose. This weekend was no exception, but, due to excessive pressure from my peer(s), I have been required to increase the blog frequency. So...let's begin.
The past few weeks of training have been absolutely stellar for me. Besides the weather seriously cooperating, I have been feeling really good physically, and, more importantly, mentally. My back has been behaving, albeit 1 or 2 issues due to skiing, and, my fitness is coming along nicely. About a week or 2 ago, Jordan organized a HART training camp which included 4 days of ball punching hard riding. Unfortunately I couldn't make the rides during the week, but, joined the crew for a trip south to Saturday's Deer Creek ride. I dislike this ride very much because of the insane lack of respect for the road and cars, and, it's just not safe. People are really out of control from the perspective that, this ride just goes so damn fast that people are all over the place trying to stay with it. The times I've gone I've seen one crash too many because of irresponsible cycling and poor decisions. No thanks! After making it down the Platte path in one piece, I decided to head up to the top of Deer Creek canyon on my own. Typically, it takes me ~2hrs from my house to the summit on a decent day. I felt so damn good during this one, that, I made it to the top in 1:54 with copious amounts of stopping on the way down the path. It was AWESOME. I descended with a big ole smile on my face, and, headed home to scoop my wife up to go run some errands. It was a super fun day. MOB followed, and, I felt great again.
The following week it snowed of course, and, we opted for a ski day instead, and, a chilly sunday am ride that was only about 2hrs total cuz I was so tired. Darren & I turned around in golden and headed home. It was a smart decision.
This PASSED weekend was great. Friday night, I went and caught Dcrowe's band Raleigh at the Larimer Lounge. They're super fun, and, I really would love to be in a band with Dave on bass...his songs are so fun and catchy. The opening band...I Sank Molly Brown was INSANE! I can't wait to see them again. Their drummer was amazing. The blizzard that was supposed to roll in that night didn't, and, I woke up to a little bit of snow on the car...that was about it. That afternoon, I caught "Made In America - Bloods and Crips" with Jordan and Winks. The movie started out SUPER strong, but, tailed off quickly. I'm not much of the film critic, so, I don't know how to explain what it was lacking. Either way, it was an interesting social discussion, and, reminded me how fortunate I was to grow up where I did vs South Central LA. We parted ways, and, I went home while Amy enjoyed her friends and some women's play...or something.
Sunday I woke up early to catch the Tour of Flanders online. It was pretty dope to watch. We had 3 showings that day, and, one was a return/second showing. These little bastards in my neighborhood keep tagging everything. It's so annoying. They got the fence next door really good, and, I didn't have paint to match to cover it up. GARR! We hit Watercourse for breakfast, and, enjoyed some tastey vittles to start the day. We had to be outta the house for 5 hrs, so, we shopped all over...tattered cover, REI, Sunflower, and a few other stores I can't remember..I'm blocking out the pain. We came home and decided to go for a couples fixie ride. I was looking forward to getting out ont he bike at some point, and, was very excited Amy was wanting to get out as well. On departing, we ran into one of the house checker-outers, who, turned out to be the 2nd visit/2nd showing girl. We chatted breifly, and, she sounded positive, so, we'll see what happens this week. The ride started off nicely. We headed out on the path towards the CC res, but, then, the weather changed suddenly. It started to get windy, and, then the snow fell! We raced home to stay dry, where I pulled out the bread machine and started my Sunday ritual of cooking. I made some Hearty Whole Wheat Flax Seed bread, and, it came out delish!
Amy is leaving on Thursday am for 10 days in Cakkalakkee...I already miss her...
Other than that, just hoping the weather holds together this week/weekend for some more solid riding.
No comments:
Post a Comment