Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Back to Basics

Acoonamatada my friends. Yes...the circle of life...or whatever that means. The past year has taught me many things about life, but, also an important lesson about my body...I don't dig on compact/semi compact geometry on a bike.

Yes

I am back on the Primus Mootry. (Consequently I am selling the Van Dessel, so, if you're interested email me. $800 for Frame/Fork/headset. Exactly 1 year old. Used under extremely low wattage.) I tried and I tried through no fault of my genetic make up to conform and get this bike to fit me. I failed. No matter how many times I adjusted this, lowered that, did this...did that....and got fit probably 5 times on it, it just doesn't work. So, I've come full circle, or, as Amy said...back to square one. Quite frankly, I'm happy. This bike is built for me based on my body, and, it subsequently fits like a glove. I've taken it out 2 days in a row now, and this thing just flys like a mofo. It's a really great ride. Thanks to Jason @ PPC for the insane service on the bike. As meticulous as possible, he has made me one helluva satisfied customer...and...if you read this blog, you know I am picky.

Before I go, I want to give a shout out to City View drive. Holy shit you are a tough mofo. I rode this weekend with the Westside Boys again, and we did Deer Creek & City View (obviously from the DC side). Yeouch. Prob one of the harder rides around here. I was shelled as expected on the climbs, but, still had a blast bullshitting with Rick and talking smack to everyone as the rode away from me. I was so knackered from this ride, I'm still feeling it. Sunday we rode to Masonville from Erie, but, damn...I was worthless. So...here's to you City View!

Ciao for now

1 comment:

Christopher Cummings said...

boooooooooooo