Well, the fall is creeping upon us here in lovely Colorado, and, that means a lot of things...football season (meh), fixie season (yeah!), and, MTB season (DOUBLE YEAH!).
I picked up a Kona Dawg full suspension MTB from my boyz at PPC. Jason & Eric built er up and it just SMOKES! It helps that Eric's expertise is in the suspension business, where, he worked at the world famous PUSH tuning shocks for the likes of major UCI/US pros, and now, little ole me. In the past 4-6 weeks, I've been able to get out and ride it at least one weekend day, rotating in with road riding on the other. I've been heading out mainly with Stefan, Rick, Amy, & Amber (Stefan's girlie), and, have progessively been falling more and more in love with the knobby tires. We hit trails such as Kenosha<->Georgia Pass, 3 sisters/Alderfer, Lair o the Bear, Centennial Cone, and, one or two others that escape me right now. The bike handles very very well, and, I've gained a significant amount of confidence riding the MTB again.
This past weekend, Stefan & I hit Lair o the Bear in a cold wet fall day sorta fashion. The ride is basically a 6-6.5 mile climb up, and, a long descent back. The climb has a few tricky parts, and, has little rollers/uphills scattered through the middle few miles. Techincally, it's not *too* challenging of a trail, but, for someone like myslef, it was moderatly difficult. There were a few rock areas that, in the past, I would have gotten off and walked. However, the dawg just ate it up! One thing I noticed on the downhill is that this thing gathers speed like a rocket. It's frightening sometimes to hear the whir of the tires get higer pitched as the wheels turn faster within a split second. Great fun though!
On other notes, there are quite a few HUGE life changing things on the horizon.
I'll post more details next week, but, for now, live large & in charge people!
No comments:
Post a Comment