Last night, or should I say this morning, I couldn't fall asleep when we got home from the airport. Eventually, it happened around 2am, and, I really wanted to try and get up regular work-day time since I've been sleeping gobs n' gobs of hours the last two weeks. Don't get me wrong...I've enjoyed every minute of it!
Anyway, today's ride was what I like to call being realisitic. It was my first time back on the actual bike in 2.5 or so weeks, and I didn't want to overdo it. I originally planned on doing the full Chatfield loop on the Snowbike (Mile High all the way around to Golden like previous week), but, given the amount of unpacking we had to do (you shoulda seen all the baby clothes we got from Lynn & David!), and the point mentioned above, I decided to just do a shorter 2hrs. The snowbike's studded tires add a nice bit o' resistance on the ride, so, I was gonna work harder no matter what.
The path was in worse shape than I thought'd be. It was really icey, and, there were sections of thicker snow that I wouldn't have expected so long after a snowstorm. Regardless, the tires held up and got me over stuff I'd previously had walked around. They're really amazing! I was dressed perfectly, and, eventually got a teeeny teeeny bit cold on the final stretch to the house. The sun went in, and, the temp dropped pretty quickly. Those Adistar Arcitc tights are the biggity bomb! Can't say enough good things about 'em. The end of the ride was the big wake up call! Climbing up such a short hill was actually kinda tough! Granted, the bike weighs about 30 lbs, but, there is no doubt I was struggling a bit with my breathing. Hopefully I can hit some upcoming group rides!
Regardless, the ride went off without a hitch, and, I'm looking forward to hopefully commuting in 1 day this week...maybe Tuesday. It looks like the warmest day coming up, and, the end of the week ain't so promising!
No comments:
Post a Comment