Monday, January 04, 2010

Ouch, my bunda hurts!

Suffice to say, 8 weeks of no yoga has made me no friends with my core muscles. In fact, they are so pissed at me right now, my groin muscles are trembling and my legs are shaking as I bring my knees together. I can't say that going to yoga tonight was attributed to the new year, cuz, well, it wasn't a resolution. I just haven't gone in a while. I hate that. The up and down in motivation around things you love to do. My core and abs have been neglected for about 3 years now (since I bailed on the gym), and, I while I detest crunches and Swiss ball workouts, I find that yoga is the most direct route to a starting point for center strength.

I remember back in 05 when my training was off the heazy. I'd be in yoga twice a week, in bed by 9 every night, and riding 5-6 days a week just killing it. Yoga was sooo good at keeping me injury free, but, more importantly, keeping me focused and relaxed during training and competition. Sure it sounds hokey, but, seriously. You put yourself in a position of uncomfortable ease for short bursts of time, prob 15-20 minutes total throughout a 90 minute class. Add those up over time, and you really have 1 solid time trial-ish effort. It keeps it all together and reminds you to just relax and stay on target.

I'm psyched to kick it back up. While 2 nights a week might be financially limiting, at least one time (for now) will suffice. I really love the practice. Feels so good after!

Tomorrow is going to be a commuting day I've decided. Looking ahead, this friggin cold snap bullshit is going to hit us sometime Wednesday and last through the weekend. The lows look too low for me, and, the highs, are rideable at least for an hour during lunch.

Until tomorrow super friends

No comments: