Thursday, March 04, 2010

Catching Up!

"I don't care if people judge me...I already know that I am huge dissappointment, so it's a waste of their time" - The famous Self-depricating philospher and copywriter J. Sher

This week has been stellar so far, and, the quote above was the perfect way to get up and over the hump of Wednesday. I never laughed more hours after a one-liner than I did with this one. We met Jordo & the Winks at Zengo for some dinner during the 5280 week. Basically, participating reseraunts come up with menus where 2 people can eat for $26.40 each. You get your choice of courses, and, sometimes even a drink. It all depends on the place. For a while now, I'd wanted to go to Zengo, but, never really found myself gravitating towards it enough to go, for more than their logo, which I really like for some reason. So, we chose this place, and, I'll say it was a delightful meal. The concept is this sorta Asian-Latin fusion joint where you can get Latin flavors in a sushi roll (a la the Zengo roll I had last night...ahi with some greens and a spicy mexican flavored mayo), or, salmon with Wasabi whipped potatoes served under an Achoite spiced salmon. The service was good, although I could barely hear the waitress over through the trendy "toity" of the rest of the room. She needs to project more, or, they need sound baffles! We had lovely time philosophizing about things that ranged from Tom Danielson to movies to sticking your own hand down a Honduran toilet to "fix the plumbing". We ran the gauntlet indeed! The dessert was very good. It was a mousse that was encased in a chocolate border that kinda looked like a slice of bundt cake. I ordered a decaf cappucinno to go along with it, and, it was good. When we got home, we caught the Colbert report and laugh so hard. That guy is awesome.

After the hike last Sunday, I went through the garage and organized the heck outta spare parts & excessive bikes, and made room for the impending flood of baby stuff that's going innundate us soon enough. I realized that I have so much excess crap that I just need to sell a lot. I could use the profits to fund other things (cycling related, or, non-cycling related), and, seriously...stuff was gathering some MAJOR dust! I have some very nice stuff that I don't use, and, could potentially stand to get SOME cash outta the deal. In fact, I sold a pair of fixed/free White Industries ENO wheels in 1 day. They had more dust on them than miles, and, I took an oath that if I hadn't ridden it in over a year...it was gone. So, keep an eye out, or, ask me if you need something. I just may have it. Certain things I'm just going to give away (i.e. stems/etc) because I'm all about karma. I've gotten enough deals and loaners and donations that I gotta pay it forward/back..whatever.

In other news, riding has been going well thanks to a consistently warmer week. Yesterday broke 60 for the first time in probably 5 months. Heck, it's barely broken 50 in the last 5 months! This weekend looks very nice to get out, and, I'm hoping for something rather extended on Saturday after the Chatfield/Jordoval session that awaits me. Sunday may warrant a visit north to Mike's for a ride, but, there may be some family plans in my future on that day. We'll see.

For now, we're over hump day, and, 1 more day til the weekend peeps!

No comments: