If there was a way for me to measure my weekend in something delicious like the burger I had for dinner last night at this cool little place called Interstate Kitchen & Bar, then I'd probably rate it on the "epic" side of the cheeseburger scale. Seriously, the burger I had last nigth at Interestate was probably the best I've ever had. It was pretty tastey & cooked perfectly. The bun was super good, which, makes a burger a burger, and the combination of grilled onions, light mayo, and, thick sharp cheddar really kicked me in the mouth. YUM!!!!
So, why was my weekend so delicious? Well, I'll explain. First, on Friday, Jordo came over for a home cooked meal which consisted of Tofu Parmagean, some garlic bread, pasta (the protein-y kind since Amy doesn't really like carbs or pasta), and a "crisp salad" as recommended by the recipe (whatever...crisp salad!). It actually came out pretty good. The breading of the tofu portion of the recipe sucked, so, next time I make it, I'll use a previous method I've had success with. Afterwards, Jordo & I went to the
Found Footage Festival which highlighted some of the best and worst in home and mass produced videos. Content included things like exercise videos (the strangest group of individuals foot racing & training for a tri-athlon), celebrity endorsements (i.e. Phyllis Dillier hosting "How to have a profitable garage sale"...wtf?!), music (Heavy Metal Picnic), and, finally...the downright strange (an instructional video on how to use the Venus II penis pump. That was pretty messed up!!). It was hysterical nonetheless, and, while I went in with an open mind as far as what to expect, it really delivered. Hopefully I can go to the next one!
Saturday I woke up to semi-crap weather. The forecast was like 8 inches of snow and cold, but, it just turned out to be really windy and kind of cold. I wasn't really anticipating riding, so, I just did about 45 minutes or so and called it. I was quite glad as the wind picked up BIG time and was gonig nuts about 15 mintues after I walked into the house! We headed over to our friends Natalie & Andrews' house for a delicious brunch, and, got to visit with Amelia their 8 month old daughter. She is hysterical, and, I dunno what it is about her that makes me laugh other than she's so friggin cute! She is VERY vocal, and, quite animated when it comes to expressing herself...at 8 months! She gave us her best impression of the exorcist on our way out, and, we couldn't leave because it was cracking us up to no end. Once we broke free of the spell, we headed up to Babies R' Us to look at some furniture, and, immediately got nauseous. All the screaming, unruly kids, and shear commercialism of what we need and don't need just overwhelmed us. We added a few things to a registry, but, quickly bolted. That night we headed to Rosalinda's Mexican on 33rd & Tejon. Their website makes them seem like they're nationally recognized, but, honestly, I wasn't blown away like I was at Jalisco. The service was absolutely TERRIBLE, and, the portions were so so. The beans were VERY good, but, they didn't give us much. For now, Jalisco is still the best in my book.
Yesterday tipped the scale big time for me. We had an organized group ride that rolled down to High Grade, up and over, then, down up and over Kerr Gulch. It totalled 83 miles with about 5377ft of climbing. It was awesome. The usual suspects were there...Jordo, Brian Bailey, Garrett, a few others, and, I brought along Nick & Justin. With a crew like that you're bound to get smoked on the climbs, and, this was no different than any other time. I was dropped immediately at the base of Deer Creek, and, climbed my way up to the HG turn, where, I just kept going. I hate making people wait AGAIN once I show up, so I just kept riding to minimize their wait time any longer. About 3 minutes later, the group that I wish I could be a part of passed me at blazing speed...Nick, Jordan, Garrett, Brian, & Justin. Good lord were they flying. It's pretty cool to think just how much faster those guys are then I am. I actually rode pretty good, but, have climbed a lot faster than I did yesterday in the past. Either way, once we summited, I was pretty tired. Howver, again, I kept rolling. We grabbed some water at the Conifer gas station, and, proceeded to descend down HWY 74 to the turn off for Kerr Gulch. The boys LIT IT UP again. That is an undestatement actually. They were gone before I even knew what was happening. The final 1/2 mile or so of the climb is a ballpunch, but, I was able to pick it up a bit, and, we all descended to Golden via the frontage road. I couldn't stop otherwise I wouldnt have been able to start again! It was quit chilly descending down from HG to Kerr, but, the temp started to rise for us every little bit we descended.
After collapsing on the couch with a quick lunch, Amy & I met our friends for dinner at Interstate, and, the burger experience took place.
Such a great weekend, and, the upcoming one looks pretty sweet nonetheless!
No comments:
Post a Comment