Quick update - I am pain free after 4.5 years of misery. My wonderful massage therapist Ed Westhead (www.kneaded.net) fixed everything, then, I saw George over at Westside for a full eval & re-fit. I'm back on platform pedals (shimano) and the specialized Toupe saddle I rode for years. I am just speechless with how I feel. We ditched the orthotics and the shims and it's like I am back to my original everything since day one. What a difference.
Ed found a bunch of trigger points in my left Vastus Lateralis. He worked them until they literally exploded, and, I woke up the next day feeling VERY different. He is a WONDERFUL massage therapist!!!
Having said that, the rides this weekend were phenom. I felt unreal. I just can't put into words just how happy and wonderful I feel. You'll notice it if you interact with me in person. I'm totally different! On Sunday's ride I climbed like a scalded cat. Granted, I still got my butt kicked, but, for me, those rides were unreal. I felt power I never knew I had (even though I'd been training my ass off!), and, didn't have a SINGLE ache the entire time.
Also, I'm down to 163 lbs. 8 more and I'm done. Back to my fighting weight. This is good stuff. Getting ready for the Biscuit...need to be fit & lean for my biggest interval yet :-)!!!!
1 comment:
sounds like you need to get a new bike with different geometry.
Post a Comment