Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Bike to work!

Well, today I finally mustered up the courage to get up early and commute in. A few weeks ago I'd done the route on my regular road bike to check it out. Big difference between a 16lb Aluminum race bike and a Chro-mo cross bike with ~30lbs of stuff hanging off it. Needless to say, the ride went fine. It was one helluva a workout, and, I'm toast! The route in is way easier than coming home. I hit some hill tonight which was my very own Muur de Huy...was like 9% or something silly. On the Cannondale, it was fun...on the commuter it was a sledgehammer to the balls! All in all, a great way to spend the morning and evening rush hours. I was dressed just fine, and, indulged myself at the pasta bar for lunch. I was so friggin hungry!

Hoping to do it again, but, we've got some nasty weather rolling in again, and, I'll be honest, I'm tired! The good thing is that it's SUCH good training. I'll feel like a monster on my regular road back if I can regularly do it. I'm thinking though, that I'll leave the car at work, and, ride home one night, and, back in the next day. I can leave clothes in the car for the day. The only hitch is if Amy decides to go out or something.

Oh well...either way...it's great!

No comments: