So, the last few days have been good for riding (that's about it).
Tuesday's workout was a good one. I climbed Col du Galibier, doing 3x12 on 6 off Tempo intervals. Ended up with 65 minutes, 655 KJs. The rest breaks on this ride were tough, simply because I was going up hill on a 12% slope. Kinda nutty. The 1st two sets I was able to do on the Galibier, the 3rd, I had to stop the program, and, start up on the Telegraphe. The route was part of the 2007 Alpine Classic RLV.
Wednesday, I rode the Argus Tour in South Africa again, only this time, I picked up where I left off on the training ride. I started in the beach town of Lakeside, and, went through to the end of the program (can't remember where). For this workout, my goal was to just ride as hard as possible like I used to do in my Sweet Spot workouts. Granted, I used to do those days first, then, follow them with Tempo, but, I was feeling way better now and kinda wanted to push it with some serious intensity before this weekends group rides. I figure, I can spin everything out Friday, and, be raring to go come Sat am. So, that hour was great. The ride was up and down and up and false flat, and, down, and all over the place basically. I killed it, putting in the most work yet in an hour (58 minutes actually)...755KJs! All but 2m35s of the entire ride was below Zone 2, and, all but 5m54s were below Tempo wattages. I touched all the zones, doing some serious anaerobic work on the short punchy climbs. Good stuff.
One of the funniest things though was that this video totally caught me off guard. Of course, this was filmed in South Africa, so, there is wildlife all around. As I was riding, the car in the video ahead of us draws to a dead stop, and, all of these freaking monkeys go scattering out of the road!! "Holy Shit!" I exclaimed. Then, later on in the ride...more monkeys! I had to slow down to try to take a picture. Sorry, but, this is toward the end of my workout, and, kinda blurry from sweat on the lense. Here is one monkey running up the middle of the road, and, the other just chilling on the side!
Too funny!
No comments:
Post a Comment