Tuesday night I blasted out some 2x20 tempo intervals up the Col du Galibier and the Col du Telegraphe. I felt good, and my legs felt really loose from the previous night's yoga class. (I can't wait to go next week!!). 2x20s are hard more from a mental standpoint only because they are so long. I reduced the grade on the climbs too so I coul keep my cadence higher and because lets face it...tempo up 13 and 14% slopes is pretty impossible!
Last night I did the Argus tour again, with the hopes of breaking the previous week's number of KJs in a free form/sweet spot ride. I picked another part of the course than last week,and was BLOWN away by the scenery. I'm not sure what it's like down there for tourist Americans but hot damn I'd love to do this ride someday.I snapped a few pics during the ride because it was just so breathtaking!! I was at the 53 minute mark with only 95 KJ left before I'd break my record, and, had a nice long hill to help keep the power up. All of a sudden, I got a text from Amy that Wyatt STILL wasn't asleep! I couldn't believe it. To make matters worse, she was having a migraine, and couldn't deal.. so, I hopped off the trainer immediately, grabbed my robe since I was covered in sweat, and, proceeded to hold my son tight in my arms in my kit and cycling shoes while daancing around in the dark. He eventually fell asleep, but, it was like 2 hrs later. Obviously my ride was done, and, I'd just have to save the workout for another day. I'm pretty sure I would have come in just a few KJ short, but, my kid is my priority! I blame the long downhill in the ride too. At the 30 minute mark, I had something like 411 KJ already, but that total trailed off from about the 45 to 50 mlinute mark with a 5 or so mile descent. Its all good because I'm pretty sore today anyway. I finished the ride with 53minutes and 668 Kjs. Still a very good day.
The weekend weather looks abysmal for the p-ride so, I may ride again tonight just to spin out, and, perhaps rest all day tomorrow so we can catch up on setting up Wyatt's crib. I'm pretty sure Sunday is nice, but, we'll see what types of group rides are available. Otherwise I can just do another solo hammerfest. I'll try to post the Argus pictures today.
No comments:
Post a Comment