Well, despite yesterday's overcast & rainy day, today was much better. I had a TERRIBLE emotional day yesterday, and, that made my priority to train non-existent. The move is still affecting me pretty deep, and, I'm not sure if it was the weather, or, other factors that were making it hard to cope, but, the last thing I wanted to do was pretty much anything...including a ride. So, I passed. I took 2 days off in a row, which I try to NEVER do, unless I've come off a few really good 6 or 7 weeks in a row. In hindsight, I probably did have that, so, if it was a good idea, then it came at the right time.
Today, however, was different. I woke up to sunshine, and, greeted the day with positive thoughts. I ate breakfast with Wyatt, while Amy slept, and, we played together until about 9:30 when it was time for his morning nap. I decided to skip the trainer and get outside, even though it was juuuust a bit chilly. Really, it wasn't too bad, but, the humidity makes it feel wayyy colder than it is. Regardless, I headed out with the intention of doing either a new route, or, the one I did last weekend. I opted for the latter, since I had to be back by a certain time for a party. Usually when I ride with 2 days off in a row, I typically feel REALLY shitty, and, don't rebound for another day or so. Today, however, kinda felt like a "no chain" day. I rode at a very good clip, racking up 700+ KJs the first hour. I eclipsed the previous week by almost 75! Halfway through, I decided to change it up a bit, and, hit the hillier sections instead of the "long way around". I punched it up the hills and just never really let up the entire ride. All told, I had 1192KJs at 1h40min. Projected out that would have been almost a 1400ish 2 hr day. I wish I knew a long cut on the way home!
This week I'm not sure what I'm going to do. There is a race coming up this Saturday, and, it's not very long at all. It's 2-18 mile laps characterized on the flyer as "relatively flat with 2 medium hills". I figure, what the hell right? It'll feel good to get out and race again, and, the short distance might actually play to my advantage. Although, I'm sure plenty of people are a heck of a lot fitter than I am right now. Either way, I'm going to do my damndest to get out there and race. Wyatt has been sleeping really poorly lately, so, unless things change, I might have to make a game-time decision. I really hope to make it.
Here are some pics from the Argus Tour ride I mentioned in the previous post. They don't do the views on the video justice. Amy's going to teach me some Final Cut editing skills, and, maybe I can edit down an avi or something. Sorry, but, but they're taken with my iPhone, and, the quality is kinda crappy.
No comments:
Post a Comment