Sunday, May 01, 2011

Got it done

Well, three days in a row of riding...good stuff!

I commuted on Friday. Now, while the commute is great, I wish it were just a tad longer. Yeah yeah, I know...make it longer. I tried. I swear. I tried!! Right now, it clocks in at around 47 minutes in, and, 43 on the way home. I'm going to try a few tricks tomorrow am to add some more on the trip in, and, I'll be good...I mean...heck, I just need 13 more minutes or so. Even 10!

Saturday, I woke up a bit worked from the commute in. Dragging that fully loaded Surly to work was fine during the ride, but, definitely harder at the end of the day. It hit me on Saturday am when I woke up.  I rode for about 90 minutes easy to spin the legs out, as I was planning on a group ride on Sunday. It felt great, and, I was able to snap some nice pics while out. I can't find my card reader right now, but, I'll upload them as soon as I do.

Sunday (today), I actually opted for a "group" mountain bike ride. We rode all over the Carolina Forest Trail System and I had an absolute blast. I'm still a bit apprehensive with some of the "features" they have, but I am getting better. It was an aboslutely goregous day, and, honestly, some of the most fun I've had on a mountain bike in a looooong time!

TOmorrow, I'm going to commute again, and, depending on how I feel Tuesday (and what my meeting schedule is...), maybe then again. I'm definitely going to be a bit sore, but, doing the commute accomplishes 2 things:

1. Helps me get home and not stress about trying to ride, while I kick Amy out of the house so she can get a break

2. It lets me avoid the $4.04 gas prices (yeaouch!)

Enjoy the week, and, I'll do what I can to post. Regardless, I'm going to ride more! Yippee!

No comments: