Saturday, May 07, 2011

Pre-Weekend end wrap up..

Tomorrow is Mother's Day, and, Wyatt & I will be honoring our sweet sweet mama Amy. Therefore, I'm foregoing any riding until she goes first. Not sure if I'll ride tomorrow, so, I figured, in the event that I do, cool...but I have time to post now...so let's go.

This past week was awesome on the ride front. I got 5 solid days of riding in...2 commuting, one awesome lunchtime ride, and, the first little bit of the P-ride today.

The commuting was great. i got closer to my goal of making the ride in a solid hour, and, clocked in at 54 minutes by adding a quick loop out by my house. There are bike lanes the whole way of the loop, so, I was psyched that I wouldn't have to deal with morning traffic on normal roads with no real protection. On the way home, I try to get home quickly to see Wyatt, and, let Amy get out. Often times though, it's hard because I have a hill that's about a mile or so long, and, goes from 11% to 9 % to 10% the whole way. It's definitely tough, especially when I'm on the Surly with fully loaded panniers. Yeouch! Plus, the whole way back is pretty much all uphill (even if it's only 1%!). I rode in 2 days this week, and, weather pending, hope to do 3 or 4 next week. Great stuff!

Wednesday, I was able to get out and ride at lunch. This was a maiden voyage for me, as, I hadn't been able to ride at lunch since I started work. I was concerned there were no routes in the area, until I met someone on the P-ride that actually works at Performance, and, told me about their lunchtime ride route. I immediately went home and plotted it out, and, it seemed doable! It was a very good road with a nice shoulder, and, has some nice views with a few steep sections (albeit not too long) peppered in...reminded me a LOT of Cherry Creek's profile, but, wayyy less wind and more trees. Here are a few pics from the route:


Then, today, Saturday, I did the actual P-ride for the first time in probably 6 or 8 weeks. I hung in really well, and, even set a new PR for :20s & 1 minute power numbers. I came home after the first hour, as I didn't want to overdo it, and, we had a few more things going on the rest of the day.

That's it for now. More to come in the future!

No comments: