Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Time to make the donuts

Well, today marked the first day of structured workouts. I hope to do these 2-3x per week during the week, with maybe an additional one on the weekend.

Today's workout was 2x 6' intervals with a 6' rest in between. It was pretty run of the mill, and a good lead-in to the harder sessions to come. I look at the 2x6x6 as the easiest, and then when I start shortening the rest period it grows harder. The problem I'm facing now though is more around the fact that I can't find a decent road long enough to maintain my power output! If I'm not descending, I'm turning. It's quite annoying, but I have a feeling that I'm going to end up doing the intervals on one specific road that is nearby...out and backs :-(.

regardless, I was able to hit the prescribed wattages no problem. I also made a slight seat adjustment which will hopefully prove fruitful in the ride or two.

Good news is that it's also drying out around here....mountain biking time!!!

No comments: