Thursday, July 25, 2013

Yes been a few days...I know

The last week or so has been super hectic so I haven't had much of  a chance to post, and I've simply been far too tired!! Let's recap from last week.

Last week marked a good bunch o' rides. Friday, I did an easy stroll. I forgot to start my phone, so Strava didn't record anything. It wasn't anything too special...just a little spin to wake up the legs. My plan was to try and just kill it over the weekend with 2 solid rides.

Saturday was rough as Wyatt was wayyy sick, and had a birthday party in the morning. I got barely any sleep on Friday night, so, I had to kinda move things around so I wasn't going to be riding my bike like a zombie. Couple that with the fact that it was like 1000 degrees outside, I just opted for something a little more on the mellower side. It was still a nice ride, just not what I had planned.

Sunday, I woke up a little sore and decided that I was going to try to just go for a nice hard sweet spot sorta ride. I had a great ride, and burned a good amount of Kjs in my ride. I was definitely way tired & my legs were throbbing afterwards.

I woke up Monday with the plan of taking the day off, but, had an offsite meeting come up for Tuesday. With that monkey wrench now thrown in, I decided to just ride again on Monday. Yeah, I was sore but it wasn't as bad as I thought. In fact, the IF for the ride was pretty good, considering the TSS of the previous two days. So, I just went for it. Then I started wondering if my FTP was set too low as I was able to easily nail the wattages in previous workouts, and, was riding stronger than I thought outside of my pre-set zones. We'll see in a few weeks as I'll be retesting when I can.

Yesterday marked the first time in almost 6 weeks that I was able to ride my mountain bike! It was awesome. I felt really good both technically and aerobically, so the "training" is doing good things!!! It rained last nigh, so, not sure if I'll be able to dirt it up again anytime soon. It was still way nice to get out though.

Today Imma hit some more intervals w/Z3 in prep for maybe a rest day over the weekend. However, just got my schedule for next week and with the limited # of free days, I might just ride through it!


No comments: