I woke up this morning with the full intention of getting a SUPER huge breakfast in my belly for the ride. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! Jenn & I went to this place called "Just For You" a few blocks from her house. It was sweet! I got me some Oatmeal, Buckwheat Pancakes and some whole wheat toast. It was DELICIOUS. The place was kinda sketchy looking, but the food was top notch. The bread was unreal. They make it themselves, and, sell it by the loaf. I have a feeling I'll be eating there all week for breakfast because of its proximity to Jenn's house. No complaints from me!
For today's ride, I had to start off by doing some intervals. I was counciled by a large number of San Fran racers that the hill I chose to do my intervals on was more than long enough. Silly San Franciscans! Turns out, I ran outta road! pushed them pretty good, and any climb that I encountered today I farkin' hit it. I also learned a few things about San Francisco:
1. The roads are in terrible shape. I think I jarred my fillings loose.
2. The hills are steep, but they are short.
3. They have a lot of traffic lights
4. There is poison Oak everywhere.
It was neat to ride over the Golden Gate Bridge. It's also very cold & windy on the bridge itself, but once you get over and descend into Saulsalito, it's super nice. It's also neat to see Alcatraz! I am SUCH a tourist. So, I did my intervals, and headed over to Nicasso. There were so many super funky little towns on the way there...Fairfax, Woodland, & Marin. I got a bit lost, but was able to find my way around. This place is absolutely gorgeous!
I met my friend Amy for dinner tonite over in this place called Cole Valley. It's close to Haight Ashbury area (I guess). We ate at this place called Zazie...decent. I had some fish and whatnot. I need to eat a HUGE breakfast tomorrow. I can't wait!
More tomorrow! Not sure what's on the Horizon for a ride...Maybe head out to Stinson Beach where I was on Monday, but this time ride all the way. There are some good climbs out there and it's by the beach. I'll have plenty o' time to figure it out.
P.S. I forgot my upload cable for my camera, so I'll post pics when I get home...
No comments:
Post a Comment