
So today was a bit chillier than the other days. The fog was thick over the city, blocking out the sun on my way out to the country today and making for a decent headwind. Once I climbed Camino Alto though, it was beautiful! People here tell me that if it's chilly in the city, simply go to Marin...sorta like the whole "If you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes" thingy in Colorado. Anyway, I was going to ride to Nicassio all the way, but I was justs too fatigued. I climbed up White's Hill just outside of Fairfax, and descended into this town called Woodland. I was HUNGRY. No ClifBar or Clifshot sort of snack was going to curb this beast, so, I opted for a sandwich. "Hmmm," I thought, "what kind of sandwich should I get". "It is hot out, and, I do have about 2hrs of riding hard to get back and finish my workout". "I got it! A grilled pork sandwich with provalone, mushrooms, onions, and chipotle peppers".
This made me think of the line in Weird Science when Chet says "How about a nice greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray". The sandwich was tasty, but nothing to write home about. I thought it was gonna be a pulled pork sandwich, but instead it was some sort of pork chop sandwich. I should have just gotten the Rice Krispie treat they had there instead. I laughed and had heartburn the whole way home. Just kidding...my legs were sore, and I thought I might hurl as I decided to put in a good LT effort on the way back into Saulsalito. Thankfully I didn't! When I got home I opted for the #1 at Hazel's again. Their turkey w/ Cranberries is amazing!
Tomorrow I have 3hrs of base miles, then, I have to break the bike down and pack. It's going to take me 3hrs to get my seat out, so the more time the better. My flight is at 8:05pm. I won't get home until super late. Bummer! Couple that with the chance of rain tomorrow, and the timing couldn't be better.
This trip has been super worth it. I plan on doing this every year!
No comments:
Post a Comment