This weekend was super killer! The Deer Trail race on Saturday went well. I got kinda popped/dropped on the rollers, but I tell ya, I raced a good smart race. It felt good to get back into competition. My plan was to be upfront at the turn arounds, all of em, and then, stay with the group as long as possible on the rollers. I ignored the fact that I'd been dropped there the past 2 years, but rather focused on my ability to just ride hard and strong, no matter what the hell happened. I left nothing out there at ALL. Which is good. Plus, with staring down at "the device" only ONCE, only to see a black piece of electrical tape, was good. I was on the rivet when I needed to be, and just let the race dicatate my efforts...way smarter than I could have ever done with that number ticking up down up down. Plus, it was fun to just zone out and focus on what was up.
A group got away at the 1 mile mark (!)and ultimately got caught with 1 mile to go, but I was long out of contention by then anyway. I stayed with the group up the first 2 rollers, but HART had 12 guys and just ripped the groups legs off. Those power sorta climbs seem to be my biggest physical weakness(?). Even though I got dropped, I hammered it up the climbs never giving up once. There's a feather in my cap. The eternal optimist, yes...bummed about my finish? Yes, but not really....because I konw I gave my best. I went into this race without any expectations, except to race hard and take my mind out of everything...and it worked! With that said, I'll defintiely notice something a bit different on Wednesday.
As for yesterday, myself, Dugan, Ertzie von Ertzington, and Jayson Teno all climbed up to Ward via Jamestown. I'd never been up that way, rather, only descended Left Hand Canyon since typically I've gone up to Ward via Raymond. That mofo is steep! Once we got done eatin' snacks, it was descent time! I never realized how long the descent is down into Raymond and then Lyons. Seemed like it was at least 30 minutes. Also, I never really looked around at the vistas since I'm usually climbing and in pain in that area. It's just gorgeous!!!! We ended at about 4.5 hrs and it was just an awesome ride with a bunch of good dudes.
After I got home, I finally manned up and made some homemade Seitan. It came out perfect! I'm psyched because it was so easy. I think my biggest problem/fear with Seitan was that I wouldn't be able to match Watercourse, but I did! I'm going to be putting them into some Tandori Seitan Wraps. Suuweet.
Yoga today, then CCTT Wed. This weekend is going to be fun too. 2 Races. yeehaw
1 comment:
way to get it done dude. next time your ass is in boulder riding, you better give me a call. i only went out for a little spin sunday, but i would have at least considered riding longer.
Post a Comment