Monday, March 31, 2008

Thwarted!

Well, Colorado's weather in March is all too schizo. As such, the Kopp was cancelled on Sunday after about 1-2 inches of new heavy wet snow fell. Despite the complaining and annoyed public, I think they made the right decision. I got up early, drove up there, hell, I even paid my entry fee. 10 minutes later it was cancelled. Yeah it sucks, but, oh well. If I may quote the ED Jon Tarkington:

As an individual you're welcome to point the finger at whomever you wish. I was very excited to race Koppenburg and am pointing my finger at the sky because only the weather is to blame for today's events.


Spot on Teton. Nice work. Seriously dude.

With the race cancelled, I moseyed home and did some high cadence work. Frank is all about that stuff these days, and, by proxy, I guess I am too! After finishing the workout, I was able to work on my aero helmet and make some super-aero wind tunnel modifications that Frank had suggested based on his work in the wind tunnel. The helmet looks even more bad ass, and, the additional tail piece I fabricated came out so perfect!!

New custom insert for reverse drag prevention
New Extended tail
New profile shot showing how much lower the tip is on my back.













Final frontier is a homemade eye shield. Hobby Lobby was closed yesterday, but, I'm gonna try to hit it at lunch today. Suuuhhhwweeet!!!

No comments: