Amy & I went to Cuba Cuba last night for some Cuban fare. We've pretty much gone vege-quarian for life, but, every now and then I'll sink back to a non-vegequarian dinner if the menu provides appetizing non-veggie/fish entrees.
We started out with some Marquitas, which are planatin chips with some of their "mojo" & guacamole. Once we got our table (it was pretty crowded), I looked at the menu and only noticed 1 or 2 seafood dishes...Mahi with Hears of Palm & spicy shrimp. I've had the shrimp before and it is SPICY, but wasn't in the mood for either of these dishes. The first dish was Lechon Asada, which is basically a VERY VERY slow cooked roast pork shoulder with onions served with some steamed yucca, and, rice with black beans. Wow. This pork was so tender it literally was like butter. I absolutley loved it. The rice had some great taste to it as well, although I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was. The yucca was kinda bland, and was giving me some texture issues, so I quickly passed it to Amy, who loves yucca.
The night was capped with some tres Leches cake & decaf. I saw a recent episode of Good Eats where Alton brown made some tres leches, and I started drooling. I'd been craving it for a while, and finally go the opportunity to nom nom nom some. Fantabulous!
First race of the season is this sunday...the Koppenburg. I'm going out to have some serious fun babaaaay!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment