Now, the key decision is to wear or preserve?!?!?!? Do I hear a poll?
Sunday's MOB ride was great. The ambient temp was warm, but, the wind was ridiculously cold and picking up. As we rolled out, I'd bs with the usual suspects (i.e. Darren, Hammer, Chris). Since MOB moved, we roll out a bit differently as far as direction goes, but, in the end, we always end up heading into Golden via 32nd street. In past years, I've been involved in many of the fireworks that transpire towards the town-line sprint...whether it's launching an attack a few hundred meters from the "finish", or, tagging onto the back of a group and trying to sprint. However, as time has progressed, I haven't been able to stick with much of anything. I'll grab onto a passing train here or there, but, oftentimes will burn out. There is a slight incline as you approach the final straight/flat section which sometimes gets the best of me. If I can stay tucked away and use the draft going up, usually I'm ok, but, I've got to be in a good position, and, stay with it mentally. So, I decided to be the instigator this time around, and headed off the front pretty far out than I usually would. My intention was to hope someone'd go with me, but, with the headwind/etc I figured it'd end up solo. I made it up the short incline on my own, and, eventually got swallowed up and passed. I love the feeling of going off the front whether you get caught or not. It's a total gamble, and, with the caliber of some of the riders in the MOB group, I knew it wouldn't last...although...you never know unless you try! Darren put it best when he rode up next to me and said "Well, at least you live to fight (or maybe it was fly) another day". Well said!
After we rolled in to Starbuck's, the group rolled out up north to hit the Koppenburg course. I passed and went up and under I-70 to Morrison and home on my own. I was pretty underdressed, and, felt like i was coming down with a cold. I hate being sick, so, I decided to forego any sort of potential illness, and, go home to warm up. I tempo'd the whole way home which felt pretty good, although my lungs were still burning from my attack :-). I got home and busted out some good looking Farmhouse soup packed with yummy root veggies and some tomatoey goodness. The night rounded out with some vegan butternut squash risotto that was delish! This week should be pretty killer. I'm hoping to organize an impromptu jam session Wednesday night with some dudes, and, see what happens.
Ciao!
2 comments:
WEAR THE SOCKS!!!!!!! IF I HAD SOME, ID SPORT THE SHITE OUT OF THEM!!!
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
hey thanks for putting me up there on Propsville
Post a Comment