Well yesterday was an unbelievebly gorgeous day. I think it hit about 60?!? I brought mainly heavier weight/winter stuff because I figured that the high wouldn't hit until roughly about 3pm. I was wrong! I was toasty during my lunch ride, and, while there was still a breeze, and, a slight wind chill, I prob could have gotten away with leg or even knee warmers. Nice!
I pulled out the Cannondale yesterady since I haven't ridden it since October! (crazy!). Now, for the past 90 or so days, any ride I've done has pretty much been on 700x32 slicks, or, mostly the 700x32 studded snow tires. Yesterday's ride was on 700x23 roadie slicks! I've typically averaged about 14mph (maybe 17 max?) on the studded tire rides, and yesterday, I hit 23. Man. I felt like I was flying. The Cannondale has a completely different ride than the Surly (as expected), and it was nice to get onto a super stiff aggtressive machine. However, something needs to be said for that soft smooth Surly chro-mo ride! Dayum it is comfy.
One final thing I did notice is exactly how tired my legs were from riding in on those studded tires pulling all that damn weight. Sure, I do it often, but, I'm also on that bike enough that my body has "adjusted" to the feel and rolling resistance of the tires! I expected it to be a bit rougher, but, damn....I'm taking the day off if I'mma do some group rides this weekend!
Hopefully the weather stays like this and snow keeps melting so I can stay with the CAAD9. I love that thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment