Well, after a few days in the city of Naperville, IL, I am finally back in D-Town ready to do my thing.
I'm not against travelling for work, but, it gets annoying when it comes to flight hassles and what not. I can't understand how an airline can "oversell" a plane. It's simple...I buy a ticket, I pay, I get a confirmation. That is it. I am booked on this flight. When I got to the store to buy milk, I get the milk, pay for it, and go home and drink it. That is it. This is essentially how commerce works. Money is exchanged for goods & services, and, both parties benefit (sometimes). How crazy would it be if I went to buy milk, but, when I went to walk out of the store with it (after paying of course), the decided that someone else is either :a) more deserving of MY milk because they may shop more frequently at this store, or, b)somebody else bought the same milk as me at the exact same time. In the end, I ended up getting a seat, but, the words "Confirmed, awaiting seat assignment" are bullshit. Eat it United. I hate you. Buy some new logistics software, change your algorithim, or, go out of business already.
Now! While in IL, I kinda promised myself that I would maintain some physical activity during the trip. I brought my stuff with me, and, went downstairs to the gym Tuesday & Wednesday am at 5:45 am (4:45 MST mind you!), and was able to ride for about an hour each time. Tuesday was a mellowish sort of zone 2 spin out ride, while, Wednesday I decided to ride a harder program on the lifecycle. The program had various random hills of various difficulty, so, it essentially mimiced a typical Sweet Spot ride. I hit up the stretch area afterwards, and, am adamant now about stretching. I don't care what the studies say about stretching before vs after...My hips are so tight that I need to do what I can to stretch. Granted, afterwards is probably more beneficial since I'm warm, but, a lighter routine pre-exercise, and more importantly throughout the day, is critical.
The whole time I was there, I couldn't sleep. The hotel is weird. It's a decent place, the Hyatt, but, something about sleeping in the strange bed with that "canned air" just gives me a headache. When you don't sleep well, you're off your game. Couple that with gross food provided for breakfast & lunch, and, you've got a recipe for disaster. I did my best to limit my crap intake...in fact I did VERY good. I took matters into my own hands, and, had very small portions, and, ate veggies & fruit where I could. I finally was able to semi-sleep Wednesday night, but, I think that was more out of excitement to see Amy & Biscuit the next night!
This weekend looks good for some riding. My back feels better, but, I'm not doing anything too hard in terms of torquing stuff. I'm considering the slower team ride down south, but, from the new place that's gonna be pretty huge. Still, it'd be nice to get down there. I haven't been there in a while. Not sure when I'll go, but, probably very early. It'll be cold, but, I have the gear. I have to take the path south for like an hour or so, but, that's cool. It'll get me to where I wanna go.
Sunday, not sure what's up, but, maybe I'll head up to Erie and see what Mikey P is up to. It all depends on when we get our stuff done. We have a lot of errands on both days to do, and, we gotta take care of bidness.
My final note...I am very much looking forward to eating fiber. I had like zero this trip and everything is off. *cough*
No comments:
Post a Comment