Thursday, January 28, 2010

Update(s)

Well! There is a lot going on the land of 3G!!!

First of all, Biscuit (my on-the-way-child) is a boy! We're very excited for this. We got a bunch of cool pics from the doc, but, check out this video of the little dude in the womb!!!

Check out those quads! The brain is from his mom...that's for sure. Dude is already smart. It was a last minute decision to find out the sex for Amy. I'd always wanted to know, but, was letting her kind of run with it. Additionally, we're pumped to be going to a new midwives center for the birth and stuff going forward. We're happy with the current place we're going to, but, we feel this center is a bit more in line with our "beliefs", and, it is. The Mountain Midwifery Center in south Denver is pretty sweet. It has all the vibe of a wonderful place for the little tater tot to come into the world. We went to an orientation, and, were lucky to have the owner of the place as the presenter. She was a very eloquent and wonderful speaker (not to mention salesperson :-)..and she looked like Cheryl from Curb Your Enthusiasm!!!). I'd read a lot of their content on the site prior to going, and, did some research on the center only to find NOTHING but positive comments. Also, Amy had some friends that gave birth here and loved it. I'm very pumped!

In riding news, holy shit Jason @ PPC...you are the friggin man. The shims work. I did some intervals yesterday at lunch (2x8 sweet spot 8 on 8 off) just to include some intensity, and, try to kick start a fitness boost somehow. I'll start doing Big Dog's recommendation of SS one day (Wed), and, tempo (Thurs) the next with a zone 2 on Tuesday...or skip the zone 2 if I feel like it...and maybe add either a zone 2 on Friday, or, an hour of SS depending on what Tuesday looks like. (talk about getting off topic!). ANYWAY. Like I'd mentioned earlier, Jason shimmed my left cleat with a few extra mm of lift, and, I swear to ya...NOTHING HURT yesterday. I was in shock. Disbelief. THIS IS 3 SOLID YEARS of misery & pain gone in about 10 minutes of his time. I am soooo thankful for his knowledge!!!! The next step for me is maybe some new orthotics designed to help with the leg length discrepancy that affects that leg.

My next area of focus is my toes. I don't know what has happened in the past few years, but, ever since I've started riding, my toes are ugly. They're all severly bruised, crusty, and, covered in blood blisters. I can't tell what is causing them...my cycling shoes, my insoles, my regular shoes, my socks. It's really frustrating cuz if I BARELY tap my toe on something it hurts like a bastard. I go through the roof seriously. So, recently I've decided to start draining the blood blisters. They are just too painful to leave, and, normal body maintenance is important. I'm trying to be as sterile & careful as possible and the process might take a while since they keep coming back, but, I've got a good routine down for fixing them. They don't prevent me from riding or anything like that, but, ugh...i wear socks all the time now cuz my feet are so nasty!!

This weekend looks good for riding. It snowed (very lightly) this am, and, now the sun is out. There's nothing but barely a dusting on the ground, but sheeeite it's cold. Good thing I'm not riding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.