Ok...so...the last 2 nights oe so I have had the craziest dreams! It's soooo trippy. They've never been so vivid, or, filled with anxiety. Ugh! The weekend in general was great, but, I'll get to all that in a sec...
It's funny cuz people say once you start to think about your dreams, you start to forget more and more details about them. Friday nights dream consisted of me looking for Amy in the library, and, I couldn't find her anywhere. I forget the rest of the details, but, I woke up and the first thing I did was look to see if she was still in bed. Saturday night I had a dream that I was looking for a new job. We recently put a cafeteria in our work building, and, for some reason, I dreamt that I was interested in this "food manager position" (I do remember the job description being pretty intense, and, not serving food. Ha!). Anyway, my boss was hiring it. I wanted to tell her I was applying for the job (cuz, at my work you have to inform your boss), and she wouldn't talk to me. SHE WAS HIRING for it though. While I insisted I talk to her, (for some reason she had an assistant), I was unable to get any face time with her. Eventually, she walked out and fired me right on the spot. THAT freaked me out. I woke up, and, ran out to the computer to check my work email to see if it realy happened. WTF! A lot of this is totally real-life related (i.e. having Biscuit and making sure I don't lose my job/etc.), so, I'm sure I'm just cycling through a few of my issues.
Now..onto the riding.
Friday, I opted for some more interval work prior to the weekends (hopeful) epic rides. I felt really really good during these intervals, and, was psyched that I'd be able to get some good work done this weekend. I woke up early Saturday, but, fell right back asleep. While my dreams have been all kinds of jacked up, my sleep patterns haven't been more normal. It's great. Anyway, Saturday, Mikey P came down, and, we hit Lookout & Mt Vernon Rd. I wanted (yet again) to head south to Deer Creek, but, I found out it was rough going to get down there, and, then, that the canyon itself was a mess. With all the good riding I'd had earlier that week, it was going to be good to climb a it since the last climbing ride I'd had (I think) was wayyy back in October maybe!?). Anyway, we headed up, and I felt pretty good. We saw some crazy downhill skateboarders flying down Lookout Mtn. Road. It was nuts! Once we hit the top, we continued on to Mt Vernon Country Club, where the temp dropped even more. It was definitely chilly out. Eventually, after descending all the way down, it got warm on the way back into Denver. Great day, but, damn did it whoop my ass!
Sunday, I was deermined to get up EARLY and hit the HART team ride. I met a few guys over at REI, and, we rolled out. We were running late, so, we decided to team TT out towards Golden Bike Shop. Holy crap I haven't ridden like that in a WhILE. It was pegged! I felt good though. Very good! Until it was my turn to get on the front and pull. OUCH. I did good the first few times around but, it was my turn on that final run in to downtown Golden. All the years of the MOB ride makes you jumpy when you hit that bend to the left which sets up the final mile or so straightaway to the brewery. It's like instinct that when you hit it...you go. It's funny. So, naturally when we hit the curve, I floored it. I wasn't trying to attack or break away from my ride-mates, but, rather put in a bigger dig. PLA-BLOOWWWWWW I blew up something fierce. I was hitting it HARD. I hadn't redlined it like that in a while and it felt AWESOME! I backed off after this pull, but, still tried to ride at least tempo into Golden to maintain the intensity. One of the guys (Garrett) was nice enough to stick behind and we rode in together. We made it to the shop with plenty of time to spare, and,the team rolled out North towards Stanely Lake. I felt really good riding in the bunch, and had no problems staying with them, given the fatigue I'd had from the week. Eventually, we had tons of flats, and, my body got really cold just standing around waiting (I'd opted for one less base layer and heavier jacket instead). All around a GREAT weekend of riding! The whole shim thing has really done wonders for me physically and mentally. Love it.
Upon my arrival home, Amy had organized a small (3 other people) baby get together to introduce some friends to each other since both couples had babies the same age. It was so cute! I walked in, and, they were just sitting there smiling at each other. Eventualy I got changed, at brunch with everyone and did some baby-holding. ugh I can't wait for Biscuit!!!!
We got to hang out with the Cobles and our friends Alex & Meg this weekend too. Great company for 2 great dinners. A wonderful wonderful weekend!!!
This week: Lost Season 6 starts (thank goodness it's going to end), and, my pops is coming in to town!
No comments:
Post a Comment