Last night was the first episode of the final season of Lost. I can't tell you how excited I am to get this show over with. I watched it with a less than enthusiastic mindset, and, got annoyed with the normal things that usually pissed me off about the show. I get more annoyed at people that ask these rhetorical sorta questions, and, even more by the vague even MORE rhetorical answers they get. Every other scene contains a question like "How do I know (regarding something 'huge' in the show) when I'm supposed to do X" or "Where is X located?", with answers like "You'll know", and "Where do you think it's located?". UGH. Answer the question people!!! It's funny. After the episode ended, I breathed a deep sigh, and, Amy looked to me and said "You over this already too huh". Of course I was, but, I wasn't. I will watch it, and, thankfully close the cover to a book that is just annoying. :-)
In other news, my toes are bruised with annoying friction blood blisters all over them. I don't understand it. None of my shoes are over-sized, and, I were a padded, soft cotton sock. I'm not rough on my feet when I walk (i.e. drag them, step hard), and, I've had this problem for a long time now. I assume it's my cycling shoes though, because, prior to riding I had really pretty feet! Again, what doesn't make sense is that my shoes are fit perfectly, and, even custom molded to my feet. I'm trying a few new things with them (i.e. moleskin/etc.), but, I'm afraid I might need to get a slightly bigger pair. Even with taking time off, the bruising and whatnot doesn't subside, and they seem to enter a state of stasis. My poor little toe is so purple, it looks like it has gangrene! It used to be my little piggy! Dunno...maybe a podiatry visit is in order to make sure everything is flowing down there as necessary. GARR!
In other other news, I've issued myself some pretty steep financial challenges this year. I typically put a nice large chunk away into my 401k with each paycheck, and, have set up some monthly withdrawls from my paycheck into a short-term savings/money market fund. However, my goal is to try to "do more with less". My health insurance has increased significantly in cost, but, it's pre-tax. The new plan has an HSA attached to it, so, I've diverted some money to that from my paycheck. It earns some interest, but, more importantly, is tax-free, and, can be used for our medical bills. While this cash could be used to put away for the ole "emergency fund", we're covered for any medical emergencies or bills which is good. With Biscuit coming around soon, my goal is to DOUBLE my normal money market saving for this year, while living on less "disposable" income. Granted, I have a budget which allows some freedom and whatnot, but, it's time to get even more responsible. I've got a good system set up that allows me to enjoy what I can, without going overboard. The most fun I have is paying cash for everything. It's been great to be able to just use my checking card, and, not a credit card. Those things are EVIL. I'm saving only 1 of them that i've had for a while, but, have closed the other ones. I have to save an AMEX for Costco, but, I so rarely go there that sometimes it's not worth holding onto. Either way, all of my retail accounts I'd had over the years (Home Depot, Helzberg) are CLOSED. Love it! So, again, my challenge is doing MORE with less. In the end, I'll be able to do more with MORE.
Very exciting!
1 comment:
you can use a visa or mc atm card at costco, too, just not a non-amex credit card.
have you thought about full custom shoes? hardly the way to save money, but...
Post a Comment