So, I'm not the most political guy at all. In fact, it's not until the last year or so that I really realized the impact of political decisions on my life. Things like taxes and whatnot started to become more of a reality after getting married, and, even with a change of job. I got really excited when Obama came around and started looking at running for office because I was so tired of W and the bullshit republican agenda for the past 8 years. It was time. Now, with Obama in the office, things are getting better. I love watching people critcize and bitch about him after only 1 year. He's fixed so many things in that 1 year time period that W took 8 years to fuck up. It's going to be a process people, give it time, and be patient. He's a logical and amazing guy that is going to turn this place around. I'm very excited to vote for him again in a few years, hoping he's going to run of course!
The one thing that is MOST disturbing though since the election is the fact that it took an African American president to make this country realize how far behind in its thinking it really is. The pure "hatred" and disapproval from the right is nothing more than racism. I caught Rachel Maddow's show last night (my FIRST politcal TV show I've ever watched), during which she played some clips from this ridiculous Tea Party movement get together during which Tom Tancredo (a former Colorado politician...and republican) mentioned the reform to require literacy tests for voting. Here's his "clip"
What a fuckup! This is what I'm talking about though. I can't help but believe that these people are a second coming of the KKK and that they are just so damn ignorant that they should just give up. Now, I know there is freedom of speech and beliefs, but, c'mon...this is just ridiculous! All of these pictures floating around of Obama in the joker's whiteface, and, Michelle as a primal species? I mean seriously people! How disgusting!! This country makes me nauseous sometimes (and I ain't just talking about the people of walmart site either!!).
Then there's Sarah Palin reading crib notes off of her hand. THAT was fucking hysterical. She is such a bonehead I love it. There is a bit o' fear in me that wonders what it'd been like if her & McDouche had actually won. Yikes!
I'll close this post, cuz I hate politics, with a quote from my wife..."Believe what you want to believe...just don't be a jackass". She's never been more right!
No comments:
Post a Comment