Well, I was able to get out again today. This time, I did some more exploring into the roads in the back country here. Yesterday, I missed a turn or two, and, didn't want to chance it, so, I came back after an hour. Today, however, I planned the route a little better, and was able to get 1h15min & 850KJ (that's pretty good!). The roads here are very nice, and, while there isn't much car traffic in general, it's still nice to see "Share the Road" signs out in the area. I think I was passed by 3 cars behind me, and, about 5 the other way the entire time. VERY nice! It was a brisk 65 degrees, and, I kinda wished I'd brought my knee warmers, or, maybe a long sleeve jersey (had arm warmers & a vest). There was a headwind/crosswind during most of the ride which kept me working, and, that along with the hot sun, made me much warmer. I attacked the hills like usual, and, kept a decent sized gear the whole time.
One thing I notice is just how incredibly tight my legs are. I haven't done much yoga or stretching in MONTHS and it's really showing. If I can alternate 1-2 days into the week with Yoga, I'll be so happy. Even if it's one day in a studio, and, one day home. I've got to stretch BIG TIME. Lucky for me, author of the book "Yoga for Cyclists" Sage Roundtree teaches a class just up the street from us. I hope to get in and try one out!
Going into thanksgiving with a caloric deficit will be good, considering I love the food, and, there'll be some southern treats (i.e. BISCUITS!) that I hope to enjoy. In the meantime, gotta shower up, grab a quick bite, load the car, and head out.
Not sure what type of riding I'll be able to get in the next few days only because I start work on Monday, but, rest assured, I'll try to at least hit the gym or the trainer at some point. I might be able to get out over the weekend, but for now, after three consecutive good days, I'll take tomorrow off. Hope to resume Friday, but, we have to unpack and get the place ready before I start work (if possible).
I have a bunch of photos on my camera I'll upload when I get the chance. Everything is still in boxes...including all of our millions of cables!
Happy turkey day.
1 comment:
Did you hear? Evan Gatseos is having knee trouble. This is where you attack.
HOW ABOUT A NICE GREEN GREEK SALAD?
Post a Comment