For the 4th day in a row, I was able to get a ride in! Wow. I'm so psyched. I know...sounds crazy doesn't it? Well, after all the stuff we've been going through/dealing with lately (or even the last 6 months alone!), it's amazing.
After Wednesdays trainer session, I realized just how much fun it can be to sorta transport yourself elsewhere and ride. So, I opted to do it again. Only this time, I did the Iron Horse Classic RLV. I basically did all of the climbs in succession, only without the downhill, by creating a new course of all uphills. I mixed it up and started with Molas, then Coal Bank, and, finally cooled down with a cruise from Durango to Trimble. I rode pretty hard, and, ended up with 810KJ in 1hr 5min.
Friday, I had the day off, and, Amy encouraged me to get out and try to ride my commuter route just to get it under my belt. It was a fun ride through some great neighborhoods. I did the ride on my Cannondale, knowing that with the Surly fully weighed down in commuter mode, it might take a tad longer. It was about 40 minutes in, and, 45 and change home, so, totally doable. There is just 1 short section that I need to investigate an alternative for (including a potential dirt detour!), but, other than that it's a nice route. Ended up with 1h 15min 864 KJ.
Today, it was xmas. So, we celebrated in the am with some pastries/etc, and, were lucky enough to get out to burn of said pastries as a couple! Amy's folks volunteered to take Wyatt on a walk, so, we said "heck yeah" and headed out for a couples ride. I took her out to the new local "mini ghisallo" I found (Borland hill), and, once we crested, we turned around and headed home. We had such a great time. I took it somewhat easy in recovery mode, but, I married correctly because Amy'd attack me on the hills and not tell me, or, tell me to look down/away/at something and then take off. I love her so. Ended up with 1h 515KJ.
So, 4 days in a row, and, 4 productive days to boot! I'm going to take tomorrow off, so as to not over do it, but, if the legs feel ok, then, maybe another 1 hr spin on the trainer. Otherwise, this week for sure.

No comments:
Post a Comment