Ok, so, I'm going to do my best to continue this blog. I feel like I have a few minutes at work that I can update it with posts.
Even though I've been riding regularly since my last post (however many years ago that was), I've been doing what I can to stay in shape. Babies, work, weather, and all other kinds of commitments have gotten in the way here and there, but, I've been able to get about 5-8hrs/week. I'd mostly been mountain biking and was loving it big time, however, earlier this year in February we welcomed a bubbly, happy, sweet, and delicious little girl to the family. Thus, my riding after work during the week has pretty much ceased, and I'm mostly doing road training over lunch, while mountain biking is reserved for the weekends and/or a random work from home day (WHEN IT'S DRY...ugh the damn rain!).
I started using Strava for my tracking, but something was indeed missing. I'd been pining for an SRM or other powermeter for a while, and lucky for me one literally fell into my lap! So, I'm excited to start injecting some structure into the rides and attempt to gain some solid fitness. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally fine with just riding the bike as I've done, but, it felt so "incomplete" really knowing how I was doing on paper. Silly, yes, but it all goes back to the strict focus I put on my training when racing. I just could never get over training withOUT power.
I'm eyeing a few races in 2014 merely for the fun of competition and pushing myself, with ZERO expectations. I will however, train like a boss and do my best to be in the best shape I can. Barring any catastrophes, I hope to be fit and lose the extra poundage.
Let's do this!
1 comment:
LET'S DO THIS BECAUSE IT MUST BE DONE.
Post a Comment