Friday, July 12, 2013

Yuck!

So, yesterday I tried to set my training zones with a 20 minute effort/test. Unfortunately, the terrain here is not too "friendly" to maintain a good steady effort for more then 12 minutes. As such, the data I have, while good, is rather useless because there is so much downhill in parts. I'm still trying to figure out Golden Cheetah, and how to update the Critical Power value, but, it's been a pain in the butt! Either way, the normalized power for the 20 minute effort I have was roughly 231. I basicaly combined the three segments on Strava, and averaged out the power. It seems about right, to be honest.

It felt good to ramp up and do a harder effort. Man, it'd been a while! I think the hardest thing for me at this point is looking down at the PM & seeing like 284W, knowing I used to easily be able to hold that for a looong time. Now I can't even sustain 250W for a long time. Obviously I'm not "training" like I used to, and have better, newer priorities. I'm just gonna keep on keepin' on though.

No comments: